September 29, 2013

Beginners Amigurumi Crochet workshop 21 & 28 September 2013 - wrap up -

So I did it... the second part of the 2 parts beginners amigurumi workshop concluded yesterday. Words cannot describe the fun I have had teaching my first ever amigurumi workshop... to real people who didn't know me at a place that fosters the same handmade & community values I believe in! This still strikes me like a dream has come true... and it has.. thank you Sew Make Create!

Just a handful of photos but the fun was obvious...

Class 1 - 21 September
Workbench set up waiting for class to arrive. Not sure if my nerve has shown through in this picture...
The concentration on their faces as they were focusing on counting stitches and rounds...
Class 2 - 28 September
Workbench set up for class 2! Love the canisters of embroidery threads at the end of the table... all colour coordinated! 

Work in progress... (Photo courtesy of Sew Make Create)
Woohoos! a finished project!!
Woohoos - a pair of finished projects!!! (Photo courtesy of Sew Make Create)

I am so proud of my first time amigurumi students, not only had they finished their class projects, they have started talking about their future projects too! That makes me so happy!

For a few years there I had enjoyed crafting by myself within the walls of my very comfort zone but I had always wanted to share and not just virtually over the world wide web. I feel so lucky to have had this opportunity, not just to teach and share but to learn!

The next set of my workshop is scheduled for 12 & 19 October and I can hardly wait!



YAY! Happy stitching!

No comments :

Post a Comment